Sunday, July 3, 2016

Chimamanda Adichie Announces Birth Of First Child



Critically acclaimed Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Adichie, and her husband Dr. Ivara Esegee have announced the birth of their first child. Speaking in an exclusive interview with Financial Times, Adichie noted that her daughter was born a while ago but she and her husband made a collective decision to keep the news private until now.


She said, “This is the first time I’m saying it publicly. I have a lovely little girl so I feel like I haven’t slept . . . but it’s also just really lovely and strange. I have some friends who probably don’t know I was pregnant or that I had a baby. I just feel like we live in an age when women are supposed to perform pregnancy. We don’t expect fathers to perform fatherhood. I went into hiding. I wanted it to be as personal as possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment